Connex for QuickBooks User Guide
- Connex for QuickBooks Product Overview
- Getting Started with Connex Desktop
- Connex Quickbooks Online
- Customers Matching
- Inventory Site
- Inventory Sync
- Price Levels
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Tax
- Sales Orders
- Sync Orders from QuickBooks Desktop
- Unit of Measure
- Web Connector
Frequently Asked Questions
General Troubleshooting Guide
- Contact Support
- Deposit Match Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Desktop Error Messages
- Inventory Troubleshooting
- Incorrect Orders Troubleshooting
- Sales Tax Troubleshooting
- Web Connector Troubleshooting
- QuickBooks Online Error Messages
- Login and Performance
- Match Deposit Tool Troubleshooting
- Product Matching Troubleshooting
- Customer Matching Troubleshooting
- Rules Engine
- Orders from QuickBooks
- Payments Troubleshooting
- Missing Orders Troubleshooting
- Update Shipping Details Troubleshooting
Integrations Help Guide
Rules Engine Guide
Can Connex create a credit for an unpaid invoice?
You can credit any unpaid invoice and its balance will show zero.
How does it work?
Here are the steps:
- Create the unpaid invoice in QuickBooks first. If you try to sync them all at once, the credit will fail. We suggest deleting the credit memo and resyncing, if you have this scenario.
In Connex, select sync refunds. You must leave the credit card and check fields unselected. By creating a credit card refund or check, the refund has already been applied. Here are the settings:
- At a later time, create a refund in your selling channel.
- Sync the refund, using Connex.
Here is an example: